1. Start a pledge board in their class: Use post-its to record their environmental pledges for example " I won't leave the water running while I brush my teeth" or "I will turn off lights when I leave the room". The pledges could be posted for all to see in the classroom. Working together boosts accountability.
2. Give up bottled water: Bottled water consumes huge amounts of fossil fuels to produce and transport and most water bottles end up in landfills. Get a refillable water bottle to carry with you. You'll save money on the cost of all those water bottles also!
3. Walk to school: It is great exercise and is kind to the environment.
4. Do not litter! If you see litter, bin it!
5. Plant flowers and trees.
6. Get outside and enjoy the sunshine!