- four cups
- lemon juice
- cotton buds
- glasses of water
- Step 1: Write the names on the appropriate cups - salt, vinegar, honey and lemon juice.
- Step 2: Mix the water and the salt, the water and the vinegar, the water and the honey, and the water and the lemon juice.
- Step 3: Place a glass of water next to the cotton buds.
The rest of the group dipped a cotton bud into the cup they were choosing and got the blindfolded boy to touch his tongue with the cotton bud.
The boy who was blindfolded then had to say whether he thought it was sweet, sour or salty.
We then compiled our results in table format.
- Salty Water we said tasted salty.
- Honey and Water we said tasted sweet.
- Vinegar we said tasted sour.
- Lemon Juice had a divided reaction - some people said sour, some people said sweet.